Saturday, 24 January 2015


Two weeks into Year 2, Semester 2 and I am already mentally exhausted. Registered for 5 modules although technically I am doing 6 since I signed up for an online module. I seek comfort in the fact that I have no lessons on Friday (hurrah!) which means that I can work more and use the time to pull up my (less-than-mediocre) CGPA. My goal to go on exchange next semester is unfortunately tarnished. Nonetheless, I need to assure myself that "Your grades do not define you!" as quoted by the lovely Jenn Im. 

On a side note, I had a really toned down birthday celebration this year compared to the previous years. Initially, my mom wanted me to invite 10 friends to a buffet dinner with the family but I was against it because 1) I would like to think that I have more than 10 friends 2) I don't want to hurt those who were not invited  Instead, I had a steamboat dinner with the family and for dessert a cake that screams "Happy Valentine's Day (who gives a fuck if you're still single)!!!" 



A few days before my actual birthday, I had dinner at Al-Azhar with a few of jc cliquemates and it ended with a surprise as Glenn fished out a slice of chocolate cake from Starbucks (I had to laugh). Unfortunately, I failed to blow out the candles because the fan above us was too strong and we failed miserably in re-lighting them. 


A few days later, my other group pf friends celebrated my advanced birthday at Sarah's Pancakes cafe. And I got to indulge in MJ - pancakes wifh white and dark chocolate chips yums, topped with ice-cream. I recall staring at MJ pancakes for so long when I was at Sarah's previously. It was my friend's so I felt obligated to have a bite or two only but it's alright cause I had Eggs Ben pancakes with slabs of salmon so all's good hehe. 



And then my birthday week ended with a visit to the Singapore Art Museum kindly accompanied by Faris. The intention was to go to the photo booth which was actually located in another SAM building a few blocks away. We had fun still, exploring and deciphering the various artworks and installations. 
 

Coffee recommendation by Faris and as much as the Koreans love their Americano, these Cafe Latte and Cafe Mocha left me wanting more but I end  up on the toilet bowl instead. 


Second time trying the much applauded rainbow crepe from I Am Cafe. Despite being a sweet tooth, I liked that it was not overwhelming sweet. I tried the rainbow cake previously and of the two, I very much preferred the crepe. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment